At a Glance
- Potato Type: White
- Prep Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Yield: 12 - 15
- Cook Time:
Recipe By: Helen & Keith Masser - Masser Potato Farms, Sacramento, Pennsylvania
A traditional Pennsylvania Dutch Potato Dressing is a must any holiday or Sunday supper in PA! Easy to make with few simple ingredients – it can be your family’s favorite for generations to come!
- 2.5 pounds Side Delights® White potatoes
- 40 oz bread cubes (or almost 2 loaves of potato bread, cubed)
- 8 eggs
- 2 sticks butter, melted
- 1/2 large onion, chopped very fine
- 1/2 stalk celery (with leaves), chopped very fine
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped fine
- 1 pint milk (maybe a bit more)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Peel potatoes, cube and cover with water in a pot. Cook until fork-tender. Do not drain!
- Mash them with the hot water.
- To the pot add the bread cubes, onion, celery, parsley, and butter. Mix well.
- Beat eggs and milk together. Add to potato mixture. Mix together well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- The mixture should be soupy. If not, add more milk.
- Place in greased casserole or roaster pan and bake covered at 350°F for 1.5 hours, stirring occasionally. If the Filling becomes too dry, add more milk or drippings from a turkey or roast.
- The mixture will be done when it’s no longer soup-like, but more like a stuffing/dressing texture.
Calories: 447 Fat: 30g Cholesterol: 165mg Sodium: 698mg Vitamin C: 10.5% Carbohydrates: 35.3g Protein: 9.6g