At a Glance
- Potato Type: Reds, Yellow
- Prep Method: Microwave
- Cuisine: American
- Yield: 4
- Prep Time:
- Ready Time:
- Cook Time:
Recipe By: United States Potato Board
No matter the spice, potatoes are the ideal canvas for a variety of flavor combinations and sizzling side dishes. Include potatoes as one of the stars of your entrée by skewering them with your favorite protein, like a lean sirloin or chicken sausage. Or celebrate meatless Monday and include more spuds on your skewer!
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs (such as basil, rosemary, marjoram and sage)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- Juice of 1 fresh lemon
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 bag (1.5 pounds) of Side Delights® Steamables™ Golden or Red potatoes
- 1 (12-oz.) package precooked chicken sausage*, sliced 1/4-inch thick on the diagonal
- 2 ears fresh corn, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 zucchini, sliced 1/4-inch thick on the diagonal
Heat olive oil in a small saucepan until very hot; remove from heat and stir in garlic. Let cool, then stir in herbs, salt, lemon juice, and pepper; set aside.
Follow the microwave directions on the Side Delights Steamables bag (pre-washed and ready to microwave for 8 minutes). If you are using bulk potatoes, first wash, then place potatoes in a medium-size microwave-safe bowl and cover with a lid or plastic wrap. Note: If using plastic wrap, make sure plastic wrap is not touching any ingredients and poke one small hole in cover to vent. Microwave on high for 10 to 12 minutes or until potatoes are tender (cooking time may vary depending on microwave). Use oven mitts to carefully remove from microwave. When cool enough to handle, cut into large chunks.
Thread potatoes, sausage, and vegetables onto skewers. Grill over medium-high heat for about 10 minutes, turning frequently and brushing with a little of the herb mixture during the last few minutes of cooking. Remove from grill and place on a platter; drizzle with remaining herb mixture.
Calories: 340 Fat: 18g Cholesterol: 55mg Sodium: 680mg Vitamin C: 2% Fiber: 4g Protein: 15g Potassium: 682mg