At a Glance
- Potato Type: White, Russet
- Prep Method: Boiled
- Special Requests: Gluten Free
- Cuisine: American
- Yield: 10
- Ready Time:
Recipe By: Potatoes USA
Like your potatoes with garlic? You’ll love this award-winning creamy garlic mashed potato recipe.
- 3 1/2 lbs. Side Delights® Russet or White potatoes
- 2 Tablespoons kosher salt
- 16 fluid ounces (2 cups) half-and-half
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 6 ounces grated Parmesan
- Pepper to taste
- Peel and dice potatoes. Make sure all are relatively the same size.
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan, add salt and cover with water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and then reduce heat to maintain a rolling boil.
- Cook until potatoes fall apart when poked with a fork.
- Heat the half-half and garlic in a saucepan over medium heat until simmering. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Remove potatoes from heat and drain off water. Mash the cooked potatoes and add the garlic-cream mixture and Parmesan. Stir to combine. Let stand for 5 minutes and serve.
Calories: 196 Fat: 6.5g Sodium: 137mg Fiber: 3g Protein: 5g