At a Glance
- Potato Type: Reds
- Prep Method: Boiled
- Special Requests: Low Sodium
- Yield: 8
- Prep Time:
- Ready Time:
- Cook Time:
Recipe By: United States Potato Board
The combination of reduced-fat sour cream and olive oil might seem unusual but it yields a delicious taste and texture in these crushed potatoes.
- 2 pounds red potatoes, scrubbed and halved or quartered if large
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallots
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons low-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
1. Cook potatoes in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until tender, 10 to 15 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, combine sour cream, shallots, parsley, milk, oil, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Stir until smooth and set aside.
3. Drain the potatoes and crush—but do not completely mash—potatoes with a potato masher or the back of a large spoon. Stir in the sour-cream mixture. Adjust seasonings with salt and pepper.
Calories: 122 Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 6mg Sodium: 54mg Vitamin C: 19.8% Fiber: 2g Protein: 3g Potassium: 562mg