At a Glance
- Potato Type: White
- Prep Method: null
- Yield: 6
- Ready Time:
Recipe By: United States Potato Board
If requiring a gluten-free recipe, check the label of the indicated (*) recipe ingredients to ensure they are it is gluten-free.
- 3 medium (5 to 6-ounce) white potatoes
- 6 tablespoons nonfat milk
- 6 tablespoons shredded Monterey Jack cheese*
- 1 teaspoons minced canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce*
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- salt and pepper
Leave skin on or peel potatoes. Cut into 1-inch chunks. Place potato pieces in medium pot and pour over enough water (or reduced-sodium broth) to cover. Set pan over high heat and bring to a boil. Boil 10 minutes, or until tender. Drain, then shake potatoes over low heat 1 minute to dry. Mash with potato masher or fork. Mix in milk, cheese, chipotle peppers, cumin, and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper.
Calories: 136 Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 10mg Sodium: 224mg Vitamin C: 8% Fiber: 2g Protein: 6g Potassium: 388mg