At a Glance
- Potato Type: Russet
- Prep Method: French Fries
- Cuisine: American
Recipe By: Amber Edwards @busycreatingmemories.com on behalf of the Crapo Family, Sun-Glo of Idaho. Check out Amber's interview with the Crapo Family https://busycreatingmemories.com/best-homemade-french-fries/
Who doesn’t love French Fries? Crispy outside, tender inside and salty yumminess. Yes please!
- Idaho Russet Burbank potatoes (The potatoes should have an internal temp of around 50+ degrees, if they are any colder, they will fry dark).
- Peanut oil
- Salt & pepper to taste or any other seasoning you want
- 12″ Dutch oven/cast iron skillet
- Put enough oil in the Dutch Oven to just barely cover the amount of potatoes you want to cook in each batch. Get the oil VERY hot, around 300 degrees.
- Cut the potatoes (keep the skin on) into approximately 3/8” strips. DO NOT SOAK THEM IN WATER. Put cut potatoes directly into the hot oil. The potatoes should cool the oil down….as it cooks.
- Cook the potatoes to a golden brown, about 8 minutes.
- Take the potatoes out of the oil, and lay them on a drying rack or paper towels to let the oil run off. Top with anything you like!