At a Glance
- Potato Type: Yellow
- Prep Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
- Yield: 2-3
- Prep Time:
- Ready Time:
- Cook Time:
Recipe By: Side Delights A Cut Above
Healthy fries never tasted this good! Crispy, golden fries with just the right amount of Cajun heat, cooled back down to perfection with a creamy dipping sauce. Yes ma’am!
Cajun Seasoned Steak Fries:
- 2 (1lb.) packages A Cut Above Potatoes Fresh-Cut Steak Fries
- 2 teaspoons olive or avocado oil
- 1 ½ tablespoon Cajun seasoning (like Tony Chachere’s or Old Bay)
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt (optional)
- 2 tablespoons green onions, sliced
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce (like Frank’s RedHot Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ranch powder
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon cayenne
- Pour the A Cut Above Potatoes Fresh-Cut Steak Fries package into a medium-sized bowl and drizzle them with the olive oil and stir to combine. Then season liberally with the Cajun seasoning. Adjust with the salt (depending on the saltiness of your seasoning, you can omit the salt).
Air Fryer Directions:
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°F. Transfer the fries to the air fryer basket and cook them for 25-28 minutes. When the potatoes are done, they should be golden and crispy with a fluffy interior.
- Gently remove the Steak Fries from the air fryer. Season them with sea salt, black pepper, lemon zest, lemon juice, and dill.
- Preheat your oven to 425°F. Transfer the fries to a large baking sheet. You’ll want to use a sheet large enough so that the potatoes have enough room to be in an even layer. If your sheet isn’t large enough, use two. Cook for 25-28 minutes. When the potatoes are done, they should be golden and crispy with a fluffy interior.
While the potatoes are cooking:
- Make the dipping sauce by combining the sour cream, mayo, hot sauce, lemon juice, ranch powder, smoked paprika, and cayenne. Mix thoroughly and keep cold until ready to serve.
- Arrange the crispy fries on a serving plate alongside the dipping sauce. Garnish with sliced green onions, and enjoy.