At a Glance
- Potato Type: Russet
- Prep Method: null
- Yield: 1
- Prep Time:
- Ready Time:
- Cook Time:
Recipe By: United States Potato Board
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 teaspoon black mustard seed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 1/2 pounds Russet potatoes, unpeeled, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cucumber, peel partly removed in strips, seeded and sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1/2 cup low-fat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 1/2 teaspoons seeded, finely chopped serrano chiles
In large sauté pan, heat oil. Add cumin seed, mustard seed, ginger, chili flakes and turmeric; sizzle about 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add potatoes and salt, toss to coat potatoes with spices.
Transfer potatoes to sheet pan; roast in 400 degree oven about 30 minutes or until potatoes are golden and tender, stirring occasionally to brown potatoes evenly. In large bowl, combine potatoes with remaining ingredients. Serve warm or cold.
For a complete meal: Add 3/4 pound chicken breast strips to baking pan with potatoes. Cook in oven as directed.
Calories: 152 Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 1mg Sodium: 120mg Vitamin C: 23% Fiber: 2g Protein: 4g Potassium: 520mg