At a Glance
- Potato Type: Gemstone, Purple, Reds
- Special Requests: Gluten Free
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- Yield: 6
- Ready Time:
- Cook Time:
Recipe By: United States Potato Board
If requiring a gluten-free recipe, check the label of the indicated (*) recipe ingredients to ensure they are gluten-free.
- 3 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes or potato type of your choice (try russet, red, white, fingerling, or purple/blue gems)
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained and chopped
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese*
- 5 cups spinach or lettuce of your choice
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar*
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Pepper to taste
Place potatoes in a saucepan. Cover with water to 2 inches above potatoes; bring to a boil.
Reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes or until tender. Drain. Or place potatoes in a large microwave-safe bowl and cover. Microwave on high for 10 to 12 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Refrigerate until cool. Cut potatoes into quarters. Place potatoes in a large bowl.
Add feta cheese, sun-dried tomatoes and spinach/lettuce. Combine balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and salt and pepper; mix well and add to salad mix.
Calories: 230 Fat: 8g Cholesterol: 5mg Sodium: 390mg Vitamin C: 0.7% Fiber: 3g Protein: 5g Potassium: 57mg