At a Glance
- Potato Type: Purple, White
- Prep Method: Boiled
- Yield: 8
- Prep Time:
- Ready Time:
- Cook Time:
Recipe By: Potatoes USA
With its delicious combination of vegetables, this Russian Vegetable Salad takes potatoes to the next level for a dish that is sure to impress. Serve as a lunch or dinner entrée for family and friends.
- 2 lbs Side Delights® white or purple small potatoes, unpeeled
- 6 oz peeled carrots
- 8oz peeled red beets, diced
- 3 small dill pickles, finely diced
- ½ cup sweet peas
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 Tbs Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 oz white onion, minced
- 1 tsp Dijon or fine brown mustard
- In a stock pot: add potatoes and carrot and water to cover by 1″. Bring to a boil and cook until tender but still firm (~15-20 minutes).
- Remove potatoes and carrots from boiling water. Rinse and cool by submerging in cold water. Peel and dice to 1/4″ small dice pieces. Reserve in a bowl.
- In a large bowl, combine mustard, olive oil, cider vinegar, and salt. Whisk to create an emulsified dressing.
- Very finely mince the onion. Finely dice the pickles. Add onion, pickle and sweet peas to the dressing.
- Boil the red beets for 25 minutes, then peel and dice the beets to 1/4″ (same as the potatoes and carrots). Add to the dressing and stir.
- Combine the dressing with the potatoes and carrots. Fold to incorporate fully.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour. Marinating chilled overnight produces superior flavor.
- Add additional salt to taste.