At a Glance
Recipe By: United States Potato Board
- 5 tablespoons Olive oil
- 12 ounces Eggplant, cut into 1/2 -inch dice
- 6 ounces Onion, cut into 3/8-inch dice
- 2.5 ounces Garlic, chopped
- 8 ounces Zucchini, cut into 3/8-inch dice
- 6 ounces Red bell pepper, cut into 3/8-inch dice
- 1 pound Tomatoes, cut into 3/8-inch dice
- 2 teaspoons Rosemary, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Tomato paste
- 1/4 cup Water
- Salt as needed
Preparation1. In sauté pan over high heat, heat 3 tablespoons of the oil. Sauté eggplant until tender and lightly browned. Drain on paper towels.
2. In same pan, heat remaining oil. Add onion and cook until soft, but not colored; add garlic and cook one minute more. Add zucchini and bell pepper; cook until slightly soft.
3. Add eggplant, tomatoes, rosemary, tomato paste and water; simmer for 20 minutes. Season with salt.
Tip: Serve on baked potatoes or offer as a topping choice for a baked potato bar.
Calories: 181 Fat: 2g Carbohydrates: 38g Fiber: 4g Protein: 4g Potassium: 680mg