At a Glance
- Prep Method: null
- Yield: 24
Recipe By: United States Potato Board
- 7 pounds, 8 ounces Russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 3/4 cup Canola oil
- Salt and pepper As needed
- 3 pounds Pasilla peppers, stemmed, seeded and diced
- 6 pounds Butternut squash, grated
- 8 ounces Green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 pound, 4 ounces Lowfat jack or Cheddar cheese, grated
1. In large pot of boiling water, blanch potatoes for 5 minutes or until barely tender. Drain.
2. In rondo over high heat, heat oil. Add potatoes and season with salt and pepper; sauté about 10 minutes or until golden brown. Add peppers and cook until just softened. Mix in squash and onions; sauté over medium heat 5 minutes more. Divide mixture equally between 2 (2-inch-deep) hotel pans, spreading mixture evenly. Sprinkle each pan with 10 ounces cheese.
3. Heat in 350F oven for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Cut each pan into 12 portions.
Tip: Prepare scramble through Step 2. Cool; refrigerate, covered. Before serving, heat in 350F oven for 30 minutes or until cheese is melted and scramble is heated through.
Calories: 308 Fat: 10g Cholesterol: 11mg Carbohydrates: 45g Fiber: 6g Protein: 12g Potassium: 1388mg