At a Glance
- Yield: 24
Recipe By: United States Potato Board
- 6 pounds New potatoes
- 4 Yellow onions, cut in half
- 16 each Bay leaves
- 4 cups Roasted red peppers, cut into large dice
- 4 cups Finely chopped red onions
- 1 1/4 cups Harissa Vinaigrette*
- 4 pounds Large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 cup Chopped mint
- 2 cups Green and black olives
PreparationSimmer potatoes with yellow onions and bay leaves until tender; drain, discard onion and bay leaves. When just cool enough to handle, cut potatoes in half. Toss potatoes, peppers and red onions with 3/4 cup Harissa Vinaigrette; marinate for a few hours.
Brush shrimp with small amount of Harissa Vinaigrette. Grill over gas or charcoal grill.
Just before serving, mix in 3/4 cup of the mint. Mound salad in bowl or on individual serving plates. Top with shrimp. Sprinkle with remaining mint and drizzle with Harissa Vinaigrette. Garnish with olives.
*To make Harissa Vinaigrette, whisk together 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice, 1/4 cup harissa paste and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Slowly whisk in 3/4 cup olive oil. (Yield: 1 1/4 cups)