At a Glance
- Potato Type: Reds
- Prep Method: Pan Fried
- Cuisine: Italian
- Yield: 4
- Prep Time:
- Ready Time:
- Cook Time:
Recipe By: Love Potatoes
Recipe courtesy of Love Potatoes
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 3/4 lbs. red potatoes, scrubbed and sliced
- 1 large red pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp. dry white wine
- 6 large eggs
- Salt and pepper
1. Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan.
2. Add the potatoes, pepper and garlic and sauté for 10 minutes turning occasionally. Add the wine and continue to cook over a medium heat turning occasionally for a further 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
3. Whisk the eggs in a large bowl then using a slotted spoon transfer the potato mixture to the eggs and season.
4. Add a little extra oil to frying pan if necessary. When hot, add the potato and eggs mixture.
5. Cook over a low heat for 10-15 minutes or until the mixture is almost set.
6. Using a large dinner plate carefully turn the omelet over and cook on the other side for a further 2-3 minutes, or simply place the frying pan under a preheated grill until lightly golden.
Calories: 384 Fat: 21g Cholesterol: 279mg Sodium: 435mg Vitamin C: 56% Carbohydrates: 35g Fiber: 4g Protein: 13.5g Potassium: 1084mg