At a Glance
- Prep Method: null
- Yield: 8
- Prep Time:
- Ready Time:
- Cook Time:
Recipe By: Leslie Bonci, RD
Petite potatoes are coated in panko crumbs, sesame seeds and spice mix to make an easily-portable snack perfect for mid-hike or mid-bike.
- 24 oz. of petite yellow potatoes (about 40 petite potatoes)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons Soy sauce
- 1 cup panko crumbs
- ¼ cup tuxedo sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons Chinese 5-Spice seasoning mix
- Put potatoes in a bowl and toss with the olive oil and soy sauce. Mix to coat well.
- In a separate bowl, combine panko bread crumbs, sesame seeds and 5-spice seasoning and mix well.
- In small batches, put the potatoes in the bread crumb mixture and roll around to coat well.
- Transfer to a cookie sheet. Bake at 450 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes, until cooked through.
- Make a batch and freeze them. Take out of the freezer the night before using and leave in the refrigerator overnight. Re-heat in the toaster oven or enjoy cold.
- Try the recipe with any type of petite potatoes, such a red or purple. Try with your favorite seasonings, seeds or flavors, such as BBQ seasoning, chia seeds, bread crumbs or cereal flakes.
Calories: 174 Fat: 5.7g Sodium: 257mg Vitamin C: 7% Carbohydrates: 26.8g Fiber: 2.5g Protein: 4.3g Potassium: 485mg