At a Glance
- Prep Method: null
- Yield: 6
- Ready Time:
Recipe By: David Kadagishvili
- 1-1/4 pound Yukon Gold potatoes
- 5 pieces (6 ounces) thick sliced bacon
- 10 each (2-1/4 ounce) ramps
- 4 ounces baby cucumbers
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Wash then boil potatoes in water until for tender. Allow to thoroughly cool, reserve. Slice or dice potatoes into bite size pieces.
2. Slice baby cucumbers into 1/4 inch rounds and add to potatoes. Roughly mince ramps and reserve.
3. In a separate bowl combine maple syrup and cider vinegar, whisk together. Continue to whisk the vinegar/maple mix and slowly stream in the canola oil to form an emulsified dressing, reserve.
4. Slice bacon into 1/4 inch strips, in a sauté pan render bacon until crispy, remove bacon from fat and reserve. Discard all but three tablespoons of bacon grease. Place pan and bacon fat back on a medium heat.
5. Add the minced ramp and sweat in bacon fat until aromatic (about 45 seconds – 1 minute), season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Add the sweated ramps to the potato mixture.
6. Combine dressing, potato mixture, and bacon strips toss until evenly coated, season with salt and pepper, let sit for at least ten minutes. Serve immediately.
Note: Doesn’t hold well overnight. Make small batches in order to maintain texture and color.