At a Glance
- Potato Type: Russet
- Prep Method: Baked
- Yield: 2
- Prep Time:
- Ready Time:
- Cook Time:
Recipe By: United States Potato Board
If requiring a gluten-free recipe, check the label of the indicated (*) recipe ingredients to ensure they are gluten-free.
- 2 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes*
- 2 green onions, sliced, divided
- 1 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese, divided*
- 1/4 tsp. pepper, divided
- 2 eggs, beaten, divided
- 1 1/2 tsp. olive oil
- 4 oz. (1 1/2 cups) assorted mushrooms (such as white, crimini, shiitake and oyster), sliced
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese*
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp. fresh thyme leaves, finely chopped, or 1/4 tsp. Italian seasoning
Combine potatoes, half the green onions, half the Parmesan cheese and half the pepper in large bowl. Stir in half the eggs and mix until well blended.Â Coat
8-inch tart pan (with removable bottom) with butter-flavored nonstick
cooking spray. Spread potato mixture evenly on bottom and up sides of pan.
Place tart on baking sheet and bake in preheated 475ºF oven 12 minutes or untilÂ golden brown. Remove from oven. Reduce oven temperature to 375ºF.
Heat oil in large skillet over high heat. Add mushrooms and cook three minutes; remove from heat. Stir in feta cheese, milk, thyme and remaining green onions, Parmesan cheese, pepper and eggs. Pour mushroom mixture into potato crust. Bake 10 minutes or until set.
Calories: 376 Fat: 15.3g Sodium: 387mg Vitamin C: 24% Carbohydrates: 45g Fiber: 4g Protein: 17g