At a Glance
- Prep Method: null
- Yield: 1
- Prep Time:
- Ready Time:
- Cook Time:
Recipe By: United States Potato Board
If requiring a gluten-free recipe, check the label of the indicated (*) recipe ingredients to ensure they are gluten-free.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 large tomato, diced (about 1 1/4 cups)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour*
- 2 teaspoons chili powder*
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder*
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pound Yukon Gold potatoes (about 4 medium), thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup shredded low-fat Cheddar*
Mix the chicken, tomatoes, flour, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in an 8-inch square microwave-safe baking dish until the chicken strips are well coated. Lay the sliced potatoes over the chicken mixture in a single layer, leaving no gaps or holes. Sprinkle the cheese evenly over the potatoes. Cover with a lid or seal with plastic wrap.
Microwave on HIGH for 16 minutes or until the potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork and the chicken is cooked through. Let stand for 2 minutes, then use oven mitts or hot pads to transfer the baking dish from the microwave; use tongs to peel back any plastic wrap. Makes 4 servings.
Calories: 295 Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 70mg Sodium: 518mg Vitamin C: 25% Fiber: 3g Protein: 35g Potassium: 880mg