At a Glance
- Prep Method: null
- Yield: 24
Recipe By: United States Potato Board
- 1/2 cup Olive oil
- 1 pound, 8 ounces Onions, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 4 pounds, 8 ounces Medium yellow potatoes, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 3 pounds Zucchini, cut into 1/2-rounds
- 1/4 cup Minced garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Red pepper flakes
- Salt and black pepper As needed
- 6 cups Tomato purée
- 3/4 cup Chopped basil
- 2 tablespoons Chopped mint
1. In large rondo, heat oil over medium-low heat; add onions. Spread potatoes over onions, cover and cook 5 minutes.
2. Add zucchini, garlic and red pepper flakes; season with salt and pepper. Cook, uncovered, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Add tomato purée, cover and cook 8 to 10 minutes or until potatoes and zucchini are tender. Stir in basil and mint; adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
Yield: 24 cups
Calories: 156 Fat: 5g Carbohydrates: 27g Fiber: 4g Protein: 4g Potassium: 929mg