At a Glance
- Potato Type: Russet
- Prep Method: Pan Fried
- Cuisine: American
- Yield: 1
- Prep Time:
- Ready Time:
- Cook Time:
Recipe By: Cara Harbstreet, RD & Potatoes USA
Layer on the morning goodness with a Hash Brown Breakfast Bowl. Shredded potatoes, veggies, and a soft fried egg make for a well-rounded meal to help keep you fueled throughout the day.
This Bowl also supports your post-workout recovery. Complete nutrition from potatoes, eggs, and fresh veggies is a winning combination to add after a long run or workout!
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Side Delights® potatoes (about 1 medium) or frozen hash browns
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup pico de gallo or salsa
- Fresh cilantro (optional)
- 1 egg
- 1/6 avocado, or 2 to 3 medium slices
- Dash of salt and pepper
- Heat a well-seasoned cast-iron or non-stick skillet over medium to medium-high heat.
- Add the shredded potatoes, onions, and bell pepper. Allow to cook, flipping occasionally.
- After several minutes, add the mushrooms and continue to cook. Once your desired crispiness is achieved, transfer to a bowl.
- Keep the same skillet heated to soft-fry the egg. Crack the egg into the center of the skillet and allow to cook until the white is cooked but the yolk is not completely set.
- Transfer the cooked egg to the hash brown mixture.
- Top with the black beans, pico de gallo or salsa, and sliced or diced avocado. Garnish with fresh cilantro if desired.
If needed, use a small amount of non-stick cooking spray while cooking the hash browns. Lightly spray your pay before adding the shredded potatoes or hash browns.
Calories: 476 Fat: 11g Cholesterol: 186mg Sodium: 777mg Vitamin C: 217% Carbohydrates: 77g Fiber: 18g Protein: 22g Potassium: 2106mg