At a Glance
- Yield: 24
- Ready Time:
Recipe By: United States Potato Board
For the dressing:
- 1 pound, 8 ounces Low-fat yogurt
- 1 pound Feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/3 cup Dill, chopped
- 1/3 cup Mint, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Garlic, chopped
- Salt and pepper As needed
- 8 rounds Pita bread, torn into 1-inch pieces
- 4 pounds Potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 96 each Cherry tomatoes
- 96 slices Cucumbers, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 12 cups Romaine lettuce, cut into 1-inch strips
- 6 ounces Green onions, sliced (white and light green part only)
- 6 ounces Black olives, pitted and chopped
Preparation1. To make dressing: In blender, purée yogurt, cheese, dill, mint and garlic until creamy. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Arrange pita on sheet pan in even layer; bake in 350∞F oven about 15 minutes, or until crisp.
3. In large saucepan over medium heat, cook potatoes, covered, in 2 inches water about 15 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool.
4. For each serving, to order: In bowl, toss together 1/3 cup pita, 1/2 cup potatoes, 4 tomatoes cut in half, 4 cucumber slices and 2 tablespoons dressing.
5. Place 1/2 cup lettuce on salad plate; mound vegetable mixture over lettuce. Garnish with 2 teaspoons green onions and 2 teaspoons olives.