At a Glance
- Potato Type: Reds
- Prep Method: Boiled
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- Yield: 10
- Prep Time:
- Ready Time:
- Cook Time:
Recipe By: Potatoes USA
Red mashed potatoes flavored with roasted garlic and lemon juice topped with kalamata and green olives, thinly sliced red onions, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, crumbled feta cheese, and dill.
Roasted garlic mashed potatoes:
- 5 each (726 g) Side Delights® Red Potatoes
- ½ cup (48 g) Almond Meal
- ½ cup (152 g) Roasted Garlic
- ¼ cup (60 ml) Olive Oil
- ¼ cup (60 ml) Lemon Juice
- ½ cup (90 g) Kalamata Olives (Halves)
- ½ cup (90 g) Green Olives (Halves)
- ½ cup (120 g) Cucumbers (Diced)
- ½ cup (100 g) Cherry Tomatoes (Halves)
- ¼ cup (30 g) Capers
- ½ cup (75 g) Feta Cheese (Crumbles)
- ¼ cup (3 g) Dill, Fresh
- ½ tbsp (9 g) Salt
- ½ tbsp (7 g) Black Pepper, Ground
On the side:
- 1 package of Pita Bread (Optional)
- Gather all ingredients and equipment needed.
- Rinse and peel red potatoes, then cut them into small cubes, place them in a large pot, and fill them with enough water to cover the potatoes. Then turn on to high heat and bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer and cook potatoes for 30 minutes or until they are fork tender. Drain water and shake off excess liquids. And then, place potatoes in a bowl, and add roasted garlic. Then, using a food mill, hand/stand mixer, or a fork, mash potatoes until smooth or desired consistency. And let cool down and set aside.
- In a frying pan or skillet, on low medium heat, add oil and garlic cloves and slowly cook until soft and comes to a translucent light golden-brown color.
- In a large bowl, add mashed potatoes, roasted garlic, almond meal, lemon juice, salt, and black pepper, and mix incorporated fully.
- To serve, spread mashed potatoes evenly onto the board and top with cherry tomatoes, kalamata olives, green olives, red onions, cucumbers, capers, feta cheese crumbles, and dill, then finish with a drizzle of olive oil. Serve pita on the side (optional).
Calories: 230 Fat: 14g Cholesterol: 5mg Sodium: 930mg Vitamin C: 14.15% Carbohydrates: 22g Fiber: 2g Protein: 5g Potassium: 362mg