At a Glance
- Prep Method: null
- Yield: 24
- Ready Time:
Recipe By: United States Potato Board
- 24 each Medium russet potatoes
- 1/3 cup Olive oil
- 8 ounces Onion, chopped
- 1 ounce Garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons Ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons Mustard seeds
- 2 teaspoons Turmeric
- 1 teaspoon Ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- 3 pounds Tomatoes, fresh or drained canned, chopped
- 2 (14-ounce) cans Garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Ginger, minced
- 6 ounces Cilantro, chopped
- 1/3 cup Mango chutney
- 3 tablespoons Lemon juice
- Salt As needed
1. Bake potatoes in 400∞F oven for 45 to 1 hour or until done. Cool. Cut potatoes in half lengthwise; scoop out flesh without damaging skin and chop coarsely. Reserve flesh and skins.
2. In large sauté pan over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion and garlic; sauté until golden. Add cumin, mustard seeds, turmeric, coriander and cayenne; sauté 2 minutes longer. Add tomatoes, beans, ginger, and 1 1/2 cups water. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes. Add potato flesh, cilantro, chutney and lemon juice; cook, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes more; season with salt.
3. Spoon potato mixture into skins, dividing equally. Place stuffed potatoes in baking dish large enough to hold them in one layer; cover with foil. Bake in 400F oven about 15 minutes or until heated through.
Recipe created Chef Jean Pierre Metevier, UC Berkeley, CA
This recipe meets Produce for Better Health guidelines.
Calories: 243 Fat: 4g Carbohydrates: 49g Fiber: 6g Protein: 6g Potassium: 850mg