At a Glance
- Potato Type: Reds
- Prep Method: null
- Special Requests: Gluten Free
- Cuisine: Latin / Hispanic
- Yield: 24
- Ready Time:
Recipe By: United States Potato Board
This Cuban Potato Salad Recipe puts a fresh and flavorful twist on traditional potato salad with the delicious ingredients of traditional Cuban food.
- 6 pounds Small red potatoes
- 7 1/2 cups Cooked black beans
- 12 ounces Green onions, thinly sliced
- 12 ounces Diced red bell peppers
- 6 ounces Chopped dill pickles
- 6 ounces Chopped pitted green olives
- 1 cup Vegetable oil
- 9 tablespoons Lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon Garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Salt
- 1 tablespoon Liquid smoke
- 1 1/2 teaspoons White pepper
1. Cut potatoes into halves or quarters, depending on size, to make bite-size pieces.
2. In saucepan, cook potatoes in 2 inches simmering water about 15 minutes or until tender but not falling apart. Drain and cool.
3. In large bowl, combine potatoes with remaining ingredients; fold together with spatula until well mixed. Refrigerate, covered, until needed.
Recipe created by Todd Bogan, Unit Administrator for Hillel Center, University of Maryland
Calories: 255 Fat: 8g Carbohydrates: 40g Fiber: 8g Protein: 7g Potassium: 714mg