At a Glance
- Prep Method: null
- Yield: 8
- Ready Time:
Recipe By: Michael Garahan
- 4-5 medium sized Russet potatoes
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 bunch chives, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup toasted coconut flakes
- 1 pound peeled, medium sized fresh shrimp, cut into 1/3 inch dice.
- As needed finely ground black pepper
- Chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 8 lime wedges
Peel, slice and boil the potatoes for 15 minutes until tender. Drain potatoes and mash or puree them. And return to the pan. Stir in the cream, chives, salt and pepper to taste. Keep warm over low heat.
Melt the butter in a medium skillet adding coconut and diced shrimp. Squeeze the juice of 1 fresh lime over coconut/shrimp mixture.
To serve: mound the mashed potatoes onto serving plates. Make a depression in the center of each mound and place a tablespoon of the coconut/shrimp mixture in the hollow. Liberally sprinkle the potato mounds with finely ground black pepper and the shrimp with chopped cilantro leaves. Serve each order with a lime wedge.