At a Glance
- Potato Type: Russet
- Prep Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Yield: 9 muffins
- Prep Time:
- Ready Time:
- Cook Time:
Recipe By: Potatoes USA
A delicious spiced muffin using baked potato, cooked carrots, spices and nuts for a performance-oriented twist on classic carrot cake flavors.
- 1 cup baked potato, cooled (Side Delights® Russet potato with skin)
- 1/2 cup sliced cooked carrots (about 2 medium carrots)
- 1 banana, peeled
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon cloves
- Pinch of sea salt
- Optional: ½ cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- Optional: ½ cup golden raisins
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Put potato, carrots, banana, and eggs into a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Pour into a bowl, and mix in remaining ingredients until just combined.
- Fold in nuts and raisins, if desired.
- Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners and evenly pour batter into 9 of the cups.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Let the muffins cool completely before eating. Extra muffins can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months. Thaw frozen muffins in the refrigerator for a few hours before eating.
If you are in the mood, try ½ cup chopped walnuts or pecans, and/or ½ cup golden raisins.
Calories: 125 Fat: 5g Carbohydrates: 17g Fiber: 2.4g Protein: 3g Potassium: 236mg