At a Glance
- Potato Type: White
- Cuisine: American
Recipe By: Mariah Moon @thesimpleparent.com on behalf of the Michaels Family, OH. Check out Mariah's interview with Kathy Michaels-Sponheim https://thesimpleparent.com/best-potato-salad/
Michael Family Farms recently shared their family recipe for Summer Potato Salad. It brought back so many fond memories and was so simple to make! Try it! You won’t be disappointed.
- 8 Side Delights®White potatoes, medium-size (cooked, cooled, peeled, and cut into 1-inch cubes)
- 3/4 cup celery, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup white onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup sour cream or plain Greek yogurt
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped (optional)
- Parsley flakes (if desired)
INGREDIENTS FOR POTATO SALAD DRESSING
- 1 and 1/2 cup Miracle Whip
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 and 1/2 tsp. spicy brown mustard
- 1 and 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper, coarsely ground
- Put the cubed potatoes, celery, onion, and eggs (if including) in a bowl.
- Mix dressing ingredients together, then add to the potatoes, celery, and onion. Mix all together.
- Spread 1 cup sour cream into the salad and chill.
- When you’re ready to serve the potato salad, sprinkle black pepper and parsley flakes on top. Then enjoy!
TIP TO MAKE THIS RECIPE EVEN EASIER: After cooking the potatoes, drain them and put them in the refrigerator whole for 2 – 3 hours. They will peel easier if they are cold.
If you like your potato salad a little less creamy, feel free to adjust the amount of Miracle Whip and mayonnaise you use. This recipe is so easy to tweak to get your favorite flavor!