At a Glance
- Potato Type: Russet
- Prep Method: null
- Cuisine: American
- Yield: 3
- Prep Time:
- Ready Time:
- Cook Time:
Recipe By: Mele Cotte
- 2 medium Russet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ to ¾ cup 0% Greek yogurt, warm
- 1 ½ tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt, plus extra to taste
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 ½ cups unseasoned Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Scrub potatoes with a brush under running water; dry them off. Pierce each potato with a fork to prevent exploding. Bake the potatoes about 1 hour, or until they are cooked through. When cool enough to handle but still hot, cut the potatoes in half and scoop the pulp out of the skins.
3. Run the potatoes through a ricer or food mill into a medium bowl. With a wooden spoon or
spatula, stir in yogurt and 1 tablespoon of the cheese. Add ¼ teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper and stir just until blended.
4. Place breadcrumbs in a shallow bowl or pie tin. Stir in remaining ½ tablespoon cheese, ¼ teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon pepper, and Italian seasoning.
5. Using a small scoop, form potato mixture into rounds that resemble a large marble or gumball. Roll in breadcrumbs, shaping the potato into a tot as you roll. Place each tot on baking sheet 1 inch apart. Bake 20 minutes, flipping over halfway through baking. Check after 20 minutes and continue to bake until browned and crisp. Serve hot.
Calories: 332 Fat: 10g Cholesterol: 25mg Sodium: 472mg Vitamin C: 47% Carbohydrates: 49g Fiber: 4g Protein: 13g Potassium: 850mg