At a Glance
- Prep Method: null
- Yield: 24
- Ready Time:
Recipe By: United States Potato Board
- 6 tablespoons Olive oil
- 4 pounds, 8 ounces Frozen Potatoes O’Brien, thawed
- 8 ounces Red bell pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons Garlic, minced
- 1 pound Spinach leaves, torn
- 36 each Eggs
- 1 1/2 cups Milk
- 1 tablespoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon Dried basil, crushed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Black pepper
- 2 pounds, 4 ounces Swiss cheese, shredded
1. In each of 3 (12-inch) nonstick sauté pans, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat. Divide potatoes, bell pepper and garlic equally among the 3 pans; cook, stirring, 8 to 10 minutes or until potatoes are golden brown. Add spinach, dividing equally among pans; cook, stirring, 1 to 2 minutes or until spinach is wilted. Remove from heat.
2. In bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt, basil and pepper until blended; stir in cheese. Place pans with potato mixture over high heat. When pans are hot, pour mixture into pans, dividing equally. Cover; reduce heat to medium-low. Cook 6 to 8 minutes or until top surface of egg is almost set.
3. Place pans under heated salamander; broil 3 to 4 inches from heat 2 to 3 minutes or until egg is set and lightly browned.
4. Slide frittatas out of pans and cut each into 8 wedges. Serve warm or cold.