At a Glance
- Potato Type: Petite, Purple
- Prep Method: Grilled
- Cuisine: American
- Yield: 4
- Prep Time:
- Ready Time:
- Cook Time:
Recipe By: Potatoes USA
Peppers, fennel, salmon, and Side Delights® potatoes with a smoky maple glaze are the perfect combination for any barbecue!
- 16 Side Delights® Gourmet Petite purple/ blue potatoes
- 1 small bulb fennel
- 1 large red pepper, or 4-6 small peppers
- 1 lb. piece fresh salmon, boned & skinned
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- In a saucepan, cover potatoes with water and boil for 12-15 minutes until easily pierced with a small sharp knife. Drain and allow to cool to easily handle.
- Slice white part of the fennel bulb into 16 – 1inch pieces.
- Cut peppers into 16 – 1inch pieces.
- Slice salmon into 16 – 1inch square pieces.
- Thread alternately onto metal or soaked bamboo skewers, 4 pieces for each ingredient.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together tomato sauce, maple syrup, and smoked paprika.
- Place skewers on a well seasoned (brush with oil) stovetop or BBQ grill on medium high.
- Turn after 3-4 minutes & brush with sauce. Continue grilling for a total of 8-10 minutes, brushing with sauce, until salmon has desired doneness.
Alternately, can be cooked in a 400 F oven for 10-12 minutes.
Calories: 385 Fat: 14.5g Cholesterol: 71.4mg Sodium: 428mg Carbohydrates: 35g Fiber: 4.8g Protein: 28.8g Potassium: 1345mg