At a Glance
- Potato Type: Russet
- Prep Method: null
- Special Requests: Kid Friendly
- Cuisine: American
- Yield: 24
Recipe By: United States Potato Board
Looking for a smaller family sized quantity? Click Here!
- 8 ounces Bacon, diced
- 6 ounces Celery, finely chopped
- 6 ounces Carrots, finely chopped
- 1 pound Onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup Flour
- 2 quarts Chicken broth
- 2 pounds, 8 ounces Russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 4 (14-ounce) cans Cream style corn
- 8 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 teaspoons Fresh thyme
- About 1 1/3 cups Low-fat milk
- Salt and pepper To taste
1. In large saucepan over medium heat, sauté bacon until crisp. Remove with slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Pour off all but 4 tablespoons fat. Add celery and carrots; cook for about 5 minutes. Add onions and cook 5 minutes more. Stir in flour; slowly add chicken broth, stirring continuously until thickened.
2. Add 1 quart water and potatoes; simmer about 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Add corn, Worcestershire sauce and thyme; heat through. Stir in milk to reach desired thickness. Stir in bacon; season with salt and pepper.
Calories: 172 Fat: 6g Cholesterol: 7mg Carbohydrates: 25g Fiber: 2g Protein: 7g Potassium: 460mg