At a Glance
- Potato Type: Fingerling
- Prep Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- Yield: 4
- Prep Time:
- Ready Time:
- Cook Time:
Recipe By: United States Potato Board
This recipe is from the © Cattlemen’s Beef Board and American National CattleWomen, Inc.
- 3/4 pound (about 16) fingerling potatoes, quartered lengthwise
- 1 pound ground beef (95% lean)
- 1 cup lightly packed fresh baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup roasted red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup canned cannellini (white kidney) beans, rinsed, drained
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomato salad dressing2 tablespoons reduced-fat basil pesto
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives, sliced
- 2 pepperoncini peppers, sliced
1. Place quartered potatoes in 3-quart saucepan. Add enough water to cover potatoes. Bring to boil; cook 10 minutes or until tender. Drain; set aside.
2. Meanwhile, brown ground beef in large nonstick skillet over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, breaking beef up into small crumbles; drain. Add spinach, roasted pepper, beans and dressing; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
3. Place cooked potatoes and pesto in medium bowl; toss gently until potatoes are well coated. Place potatoes in 13 x 9-inch baking pan so surface of potatoes is 4 inches from heat. Broil 3 minutes; remove from oven and stir. Return to oven; broil 1 to 2 minutes or until lightly browned.
4. Arrange fries on plates; top with beef mixture. Sprinkle with cheese, olives and pepperoncini.
Calories: 379 Fat: 15g Cholesterol: 86mg Sodium: 736mg Carbohydrates: 28g Fiber: 4.3g Protein: 31g