At a Glance
- Potato Type: Russet
- Prep Method: Grilled
- Cuisine: American
- Yield: 2
- Prep Time:
- Ready Time:
- Cook Time:
Recipe By: United States Potato Board
Kids will love these hot dogs in potato “buns.” Have their favorite condiments on hand to customize their dogs. If a gluten-free recipe is required, check the label of the indicated (*) recipe ingredients to ensure they are gluten-free.
2 medium Side Delights® Russet potatoes
2 hot dogs*
- Preheat grill.
- With apple corer, cut centers out of potatoes lengthwise, or cut a lengthwise wedge out of each potato.
- Insert hot dogs into potatoes.
- Wrap potatoes individually in foil.
- Place potatoes on the top rack of the grill over low heat. Close grill lid and cook for 40 minutes or until potatoes are done.
- Use oven mitts to remove potatoes from the grill. Unwrap potatoes before serving.