At a Glance
- Potato Type: Reds
- Prep Method: Baked
- Special Requests: Kid Friendly
- Cuisine: American
- Yield: 4
- Prep Time:
- Ready Time:
- Cook Time:
Recipe By: Northern Plains Potato Growers Association
This recipe is courtesy of the Northern Plains Potato Growers Association.
- 4 medium red potatoes, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 (10-ounce) package refrigereated, prepared pizza dough
- 1 small green bell pepper, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup prepared barbeque sauce, divided
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- Nonstick cooking spray, as needed
Preheat oven top 425 degrees F. Place potatoes in shallow 1 1/2 to 2-qiart microwave safe dish. Cover with plastic wrap, venting 1 corner. Microwae on HIGH 8 to 10 minutes, umitl just tender; set aside.
Coat a 12-inch round pizza pan with vegetable cooking spray; press dough evenly intoi pan and prick all over with fork. Bake 10 minutes; set aside.
Meanwhile, heat a large, nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add beef and cook until browned; drain fat. Add 3/4 cup barbeque sauce; mix well. Set aside.
To assemble pizza, spread beef mixture over crust; top evenly with reserved potatoes and bell pepper. Drizzle remaining 1/4 cup barbeque sauce. Sprinkle with cheese.
Bake 10 to 15 minutes, until hot and cheese is melted. Cut into 8 wedges and serve.
Consider serving with a green salad.
Calories: 650 Fat: 23g Cholesterol: 85mg Sodium: 110mg Carbohydrates: 60g Fiber: 4g Protein: 38g