At a Glance
- Potato Type: Reds
- Prep Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Indian
- Yield: 4
- Prep Time:
- Ready Time:
- Cook Time:
Recipe By: Potatoes USA
Red potatoes and red curry. A match made in simmered sauce heaven. Add this Coconut Red Curry Stewed Potatoes to your dinner repertoire.
- 1-pound Side Delights® Red Potatoes, cut into wedges (roughly 6 wedges per potato)
- 3 tablespoons Coconut Oil
- As needed Salt and Pepper
- 2 tablespoons Red Curry Paste
- 8 ounces Diced Tomatoes, canned
- 12 ounces Coconut Milk
- ¼ cup Fresh Basil, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 450 F.
- Wash, scrub, and cut the potatoes into wedges.
- Place the potatoes in a large bowl and toss them with the coconut oil, salt, and pepper.
- Place the potatoes on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet and bake the potatoes for 18-20 minutes or until they are golden brown.
- While the potatoes are roasting in the oven. Combine the curry paste, and diced tomatoes in a medium-sized pot over medium-high heat. Cook the mixture until it has reduced in volume by about 50%, this should take 8-10 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and continue to cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the roasted potatoes to the sauce and cook for an additional 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and portion the potato curry into a serving bowl. Top with fresh basil and enjoy it immediately.
Calories: 220 Fat: 12g Sodium: 680mg Vitamin C: 17% Carbohydrates: 25g Fiber: 3g Protein: 3g Potassium: 652mg