At a Glance
- Potato Type: White, Yellow
- Prep Method: Boiled
- Cuisine: American
Recipe By: Thrifty Northwest Mom. Check out interview with Mike Connors, Basin Gold's potato farmer https://www.thriftynorthwestmom.com/chicken-corn-chowder-make-in-slow-cooker-or-stove-top/
Make this chowder early in the day, then let it simmer to enrich the flavor. Great comfort food and a hearty, healthy meal the whole family loves!
- 3 -6 Side Delights® White or Yellow potatoes peeled and diced (count depending on what size potatoes you are using)
- 4-5 medium-sized chicken breasts (or 1 small whole chicken)
- 4 cups of Chicken Broth (I like to make my own, but you can use canned or bullion too)
- 2 cups of milk (can substitute heavy cream here, but you may want to omit butter if you do)
- 2 Tbl butter
- ½ medium-sized onion, diced
- 1 can cream of corn
- Salt and pepper to taste (approx. ½ tsp of each)
- 4 slices bacon (crumbled – optional for toppings) – or you can add directly to soup
- 3 cups of shredded cheddar cheese (optional for topping)
- Diced green onions (optional for toppings)
- Hot Sauce (option for topping)
- In a soup pot (or you can use a slow cooker) add the chicken broth, potatoes, onions, and shredded chicken.
- Simmer on medium heat until potatoes are tender.
- Add the can of cream corn, milk, butter, and salt and pepper.
- Simmer on low until it thickens, and you are ready to serve.
- Prepare desired toppings to serve with soup.