At a Glance
- Potato Type: Yellow
- Prep Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
- Yield: 2-3
- Prep Time:
- Ready Time:
- Cook Time:
Recipe By: Side Delights A Cut Above
A well-seasoned potato plays many roles. The most important of them all – people pleaser! Try these homemade chips with lunch, dinner, or a snack.
- As needed cooking oil spray, only if you’re using an air fryer
- 1 (1lb) package A Cut Above® Fresh-Cut Sliced Potatoes
- 2 tablespoons canola or avocado oil (however, if you have some bacon fat handy, this is a luxurious substitution)
- 1 tablespoon Montreal Steak Seasoning (or any steak/chophouse seasoning you prefer)
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1½ tablespoon chipotle peppers, canned in adobo sauce, chopped fine (find these in the ethnic aisle, they’re usually next to the salsa or canned pepper varieties)
Air fryer directions
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°F.
- Lightly spray the air fryer basket with the cooking oil spray. Empty the A Cut Above Sliced Potatoes from the package and place them in the air fryer’s basket. Make sure the potatoes are in an even layer; you may need to cook them in batches depending on the size of your air fryer.
- Brush them with the oil of your choice.
- Sprinkle the potatoes evenly with the steak seasoning.
- Cook the potatoes for 25 minutes or until they are golden brown and crispy.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Remove the A Cut Above Sliced Potatoes from the package and lay them in an even layer on a baking sheet. Make sure the potatoes are in an even layer; you may need to use two sheets.
- Brush them with the oil of your choice. Sprinkle the potatoes evenly with the steak seasoning. Cook the potatoes for 20-22 minutes or until they are golden brown and crispy.
While the potatoes are cooking, mix the sour cream with chipotle peppers (fewer peppers can be used for a milder sauce if desired).
Serve potato chips with the chipotle sour cream. Enjoy!