At a Glance
- Potato Type: Russet
- Prep Method: Roasted
- Cuisine: Italian
- Yield: 8
- Prep Time:
- Ready Time:
- Cook Time:
Recipe By: United States Potato Board
- No-stick cooking spray
- 1/3 Pounds (4 medium) Red or Yukon Gold potatoes, cut into ½-inch thick slices
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) soft cream cheese
- 1/4 cup prepared pesto
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon red pepper sauce (optional)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped prepared roasted red peppers
- Snipped fresh chives or minced green onion (optional)
Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray baking sheet with cooking spray. On baking sheet, arrange potatoes in single layer; spray lightly with additional cooking spray. Sprinkle evenly with ¼ teaspoon of the garlic salt.
Roast 20 to 25 minutes or until potatoes are tender and browned, turning potatoes over halfway and sprinkling with remaining garlic salt.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together cream cheese, pesto and red pepper sauce, if desired. Pipe or spoon about 2 teaspoons pesto mixture onto each potato; top with red pepper. Sprinkle with chives if desired.
Calories: 157 Fat: 10g Cholesterol: 24mg Sodium: 285mg Fiber: 2g Protein: 4g