At a Glance
Recipe By: Pressure Cooker Perfection
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced, 1/2″ thick
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 2 Tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add the sweet potatoes, water, and ½ teaspoon salt to the pressure cooker pot. Lock the lid on the pressure cooker.
- Put the pressure cooker on the stove over medium-high heat on the high pressure setting. When the pot reaches high pressure, the yellow button will pop up. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook for 15 minutes. Make sure that you keep an eye on it so that it remains high pressure. Adjust the heat as necessary.
- Remove the pot from heat and quick release the pressure. Make sure that you point the steam away from you.
- Drain the water from the potatoes using a colander. Add the sweet potatoes back to the pot. Add butter, cream, and sugar. Mash with a potato masher. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve with a few extra pats of butter. And a little more pepper on top.