At a Glance
- Potato Type: Russet
- Prep Method: Boiled
- Special Requests: Gluten Free, Kid Friendly, Price Per Serving, Low Fat
- Cuisine: American, Latin / Hispanic
- Yield: 4
- Prep Time:
- Ready Time:
- Cook Time:
Recipe By: United States Potato Board
If requiring a gluten-free recipe, check the label of the indicated (*) recipe ingredients to ensure they are gluten-free.
- 1 1/2 pounds russet potatoes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon Mexican seasoning blend*
- 1 cup Mexican blend shredded cheese*
- 1/4 cup rinsed and drained canned black beans
- 1/4 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 3 tablespoons canned diced green chiles
- Salsa, guacamole and sour cream (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Scrub potatoes and cut into 1/2-inch thick wedges.
2. Place potatoes into a medium size bowl with the oil, garlic salt and Mexican seasoning. Stir well to coat potatoes with oil and seasonings.
3. Transfer to a large baking sheet and spread into a single layer. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, stirring several times, until crisp and golden brown.
4. Top with cheese, beans, tomatoes, olives, onions and chiles.
5. Bake for 5 minutes more to melt cheese.
6. Serve with salsa, guacamole and sour cream.
Calories: 308 Fat: 16g Cholesterol: 32mg Sodium: 659mg Vitamin C: 37% Fiber: 5g Protein: 13g Potassium: 913mg