At a Glance
- Prep Method: Boiled
- Special Requests: Gluten Free
- Cuisine: American
- Yield: 6
- Ready Time:
Recipe By: United States Potato Board
- 1 1/2 pounds fingerling potatoes, assorted colors
- 1 tablespoon champagne vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons whole-grain mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper, as needed
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped Italian parsley
- 1/3 cup roughly chopped pitted green olives
- 1/4 cup capers, rinsed
- Celery curls, optional*
Simmer potatoes until tender; drain and cool. Cut in half widthwise.
In large bowl, whisk together vinegar, mustard and lemon zest. Slowly whisk in oil; season with salt and pepper. Fold in potatoes and remaining ingredients, except celery curls; adjust seasoning. Marinate for a few hours. Mound in bowl or on individual salad plates; garnish with celery curls.
*To make celery curls, with vegetable peeler, shave celery into long strips. Place in ice water for several hours or until strips curl.
For a complete meal: Stir 2 cups coarsely shredded rotisserie chicken, or 3 coarsely chopped hard-cooked eggs, into salad.
Calories: 194 Fat: 11g Sodium: 416mg Vitamin C: 30% Fiber: 4g Protein: 3g Potassium: 545mg