At a Glance
- Yield: 8 servings
- Prep Time:
- Ready Time:
- Cook Time:
Recipe By: United States Potato Board
Give your mashed potatoes some kick with this Horseradish Mashed Potatoes recipe.
- 2 3/4 pounds (about 8 medium) potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled but left whole
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, cut into pieces
- 3 to 4 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions or snipped chives
In large saucepan, add potatoes, garlic and 1/2 teaspoon salt to 2 inches boiling water. Return to a boil; reduce heat to medium. Cook, covered, about 12 minutes or until tender; drain. Return potatoes and garlic to saucepan; cook over medium-low heat 1 minute to evaporate excess moisture, stirring occasionally.
Using electric hand mixer or potato masher, mash potatoes and garlic. Stir 1/2 cup cream, butter, horseradish, remaining salt and pepper into potatoes until blended. Add additional cream, 1 tablespoon at a time, if necessary, for desired consistency. Stir in green onions.
Calories: 230 Fat: 11g Cholesterol: 36mg Sodium: 658mg Carbohydrates: 33g Fiber: 4g Protein: 6g