At a Glance
- Potato Type: Yellow
- Prep Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Yield: 4-5
- Prep Time:
- Ready Time:
- Cook Time:
Recipe By: Side Delights A Cut Above
Succulent, savory, delightful. A party on your plate. You’re welcome!
- 2 (1lb) bags A Cut Above® Fresh-Cut Potato Wedges
- As needed olive oil spray
- 1 ½ teaspoons sea salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (1lb) package of lean, ground turkey
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 10 ounces tomato puree
- 3 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 2 cups chicken stock
- ½ tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup raisins
- ½ cup sliced Spanish olives
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ cup finely chopped chives
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Place the potato wedges on a baking sheet and spray the potatoes with olive oil spray. Season the potatoes with the salt and roast them in the oven for 30-32 minutes or until the potatoes are golden and crisp. Remove from the oven and keep warm until ready to use.
- While the potatoes are cooking, prepare the picadillo. Start by heating the olive oil and browning the turkey in a large heavy-bottomed pot, such as an enamel Dutch oven, over medium-high heat.
- When the turkey is brown, reduce the heat to medium and add the yellow onions and garlic. Stirring regularly, cook the mixture until the onions are translucent but not brown.
- Add the tomato puree and smoked paprika. Cook this until the tomato sauce reduces by half (about 10 minutes).
- Add the chicken stock, cumin, coriander, cinnamon, and raisins. Allow the picadillo to simmer for about 15 minutes. Add the olives, salt, cayenne, and black pepper. Allow the mixture to simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Arrange the crispy potato wedges on a plate or a platter, and then spoon some of the picadillo on top. Garnish with chopped chives.
Serve right away and enjoy! This can be eaten as an appetizer or meal.