At a Glance
- Yield: 8 servings
- Prep Time:
- Ready Time:
- Cook Time:
Recipe By: United States Potato Board
Creamy mashed potatoes like you’ve never had before!
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, cut into 1-inch cubes, softened
- 2 1/2 pound potatoes, peeled* and cut into 1-inch cubes (about 8 medium potatoes)
- 3/4 to 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup snipped fresh chives
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
*Potato peels are high in vitamins, minerals and fiber. For added nutrition and more convenient preparation, leave the peels on.
1. Boil potatoes, covered, in medium saucepan in 2 inches water for 10 to 12 minutes or until tender. Drain; return to pan.
2. Mash potatoes with electric mixer or potato masher, gradually stirring in cream cheese until blended. Blend in milk, chives, salt and pepper. Stir gently over medium heat until heated through. Serve immediately.
Calories: 208 Fat: 10g Cholesterol: 30mg Sodium: 468mg Carbohydrates: 27g Fiber: 3g Protein: 7g