At a Glance
- Potato Type: Fingerling, White, Yellow, Russet
- Prep Method: Roasted
- Cuisine: American
- Yield: 6
- Prep Time:
- Ready Time:
- Cook Time:
Recipe By: United States Potato Board
This Chipotle and Lime Roasted Potatoes recipe is courtesy of In Sock Monkey Slippers, as part of the U.S Potato Board’s Potato Lovers Club program.
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds small new potatoes
- 1 tablespoon + 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 chipotle pepper from a can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce*
- 2 teaspoons adobo sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro
* Chipotle peppers in adobo sauce can be found canned in most major grocery stores
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. With a knife, slice the potatoes in half. Place the halved potatoes on a baking sheet. Drizzle 1 tablespoon of olive oil over the potatoes. Add salt and toss with your hands until the potatoes are thoroughly coated with oil and salt. Place in the oven for 30 to 35 minutes, stirring once, until golden and can be easily pierced with a fork.
2. While the potatoes are cooking: Mince the chipotle pepper. Place in a large bowl. Add the adobo sauce to the bowl.
3. Add the garlic to the bowl as well.
4. Next, add the lime zest, lime juice, and the remaining 2 teaspoons of olive oil.
5. Whisk everything together until combined.
6. Once the potatoes are done and still hot, pour them into the chipotle lime dressing. Add cilantro and gently stir to combine, making sure every potato is covered. Plate and serve.
Calories: 156 Fat: 4g Sodium: 228mg Vitamin C: 32% Carbohydrates: 27g Fiber: 3g Protein: 3g Potassium: 735mg