At a Glance
- Potato Type: Russet
- Prep Method: Pan Fried
- Cuisine: Latin / Hispanic
- Yield: 5
- Prep Time:
- Ready Time:
- Cook Time:
Recipe By: Love Potatoes
Add an extra kick to your potato cakes with this Chili Potato Cakes recipe courtesy of Love Potatoes
- 1 3/4 lbs. russet potatoes, diced
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 red chili, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 3 1/2 ounces Cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 3/4 ounce coriander, chopped
- oil for shallow frying
1. Place the potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to boil and simmer for 10 minutes until tender. Drain.
2. Add the oil to the pan and fry the chili and paprika for 1 minute.
3. Add the remaining ingredients and coarsely mash, season to taste.
4. Divide into 8 and pat into flat round cakes.
5. Heat a little oil in a non-stick frying pan and fry potato cakes in 2 batches for 1-2 minutes on each side until golden.
Calories: 294 Fat: 15g Cholesterol: 21mg Sodium: 134mg Vitamin C: 23% Carbohydrates: 32g Fiber: 2.5g Protein: 9g Potassium: 746mg