At a Glance
- Potato Type: Reds
- Yield: 2
- Prep Time:
- Ready Time:
- Cook Time:
Recipe By: Colleen Kennedy- Souffle Bombay
This recipe, courtesy of Colleen Kennedy- Souffle Bombay, who was part of the Side Delights® Potato Power Bowl Challenge.
- 1 avocados
- 1 lime
- Kosher salt & black pepper1 large Vidalia onion
- 2 red peppers
- 2 ears corn (optional)
- 1 package Side Delights® Steamables™ Red Potatoes (or your favorite variety)
- One 1-1½ pound piece beef tenderloin (filet mignon)
- 1 jalapeno sliced thin
- Scallions for garnish
- Make a quick guacamole with your avocados by slicing them open, scraping out the flesh (discard the pit). and mashing it to a creamy texture with the back of a fork. Squeeze about 1 TBS lime juice, Kosher salt and some Cayenne pepper if you like heat. You can also choose to add a tsp of minced jalapeno.
- Slice your onions and peppers and saute them individually or separately in some butter.
- As they cook, cut the corn off the ears and saute in butter in a separate pan. Season with blackening or Cajun seasoning.
- Once finished, remove both from heat and keep warm.
- Pace a bag of Steamables Potatoes in your microwave and cook according to package directions (8 minutes). Once the potatoes are done, toss with 1-2 TBS butter, season liberally with blackening/Cajun seasoning and toss.
- Cook your steak to your desired doneness. I decided to coat the steaks with Koser salt, pepper and blackening season and cook them “Pittsburgh Medium” for this recipe. That is how my husband and son both likes their steak. Crisp on the outside and med-med-rare on the inside.
- The key to a great indoor steak is to start with a very hot pan with about 2 TBS grapeseed or olive oil. Pat your steak dry, season it and let it hit the pan sizzling.
- Allow the meat to rest for 5-6 minutes
Slice it down and assemble bowl.