At a Glance
- Potato Type: Yellow
- Prep Method: Boiled
- Cuisine: Italian
- Yield: 4
- Prep Time:
- Ready Time:
- Cook Time:
Recipe By: Potatoes USA
Chargrilled potatoes topped with ripe cherry tomatoes, creamy mozzarella, and fresh basil. No gluten? No problem!
- 1-pound Side Delights® Yellow Potatoes, sliced ½ inch thick slices
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 1 cup Ciliegine Mozzarella (Cherry sized Mozzarella), cut into quarters
- ¼ cup Onions, chopped fine
- ¼ cup Fresh Basil, Chopped
- Salt and pepper as needed
- Rinse, scrub, and slice the potatoes into ½ inch slices.
- Place the potatoes in a pot and cover with water, just enough to cover them.
- Place over high heat and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium, and allow the potatoes to cook for 8-10 minutes or until they can be pierced easily with the tip of a knife. Drain the potatoes and arrange them on a plate.
- Heat a grill pan or an outdoor grill to medium-high. Brush the potatoes with the olive oil and place on the grill for 3-5 minutes on each side or until grill marks are achieved. Remove from the heat and arrange the grilled potatoes on a platter.
- In a medium-sized bowl combine the tomatoes, mozzarella, onions, and basil. Adjust the seasoning to your liking using salt and pepper. Top each potato plank with a spoonful of the tomato-mozzarella mixture and enjoy!
Be creative! Add other herbs, seasonings, and even protein, like grilled chicken or shrimp, to make this dish more of a meal.
Calories: 260 Fat: 12g Cholesterol: 20mg Sodium: 200mg Vitamin C: 25% Carbohydrates: 30g Fiber: 2g Protein: 9g Potassium: 182mg