At a Glance
- Prep Method: null
- Ready Time:
Recipe By: Michael J. Paris Jr.
- 3 pounds Purple skinned Idaho Potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 tablespoon butter (for taste)
- 1 each Bosch Pear, peeled, cored and quartered
- _ cup heavy whipping cream
- _ cup Pecorino Cheese, shredded
- salt to taste
- 3 cups sweet tea, your favorite
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 2-3 ounces Chorizo Sausage, peeled, grated and slightly sautéed
- 2 pounds 21/25 local shrimp, peeled and deveined and seasoned
- with your Cajun Seasoning (tails removed)
- 1 tablespoon Cajun Seasoning
- _ ounce olive oil
- _ ounce chopped collard greens
- granulatd garlic, to taste
- salt to taste
1. Boil potatoes and butter until almost done. Add Pear and boil until tender. When proper doneness has been reached, remove from heat and drain. Whisk completely and add whipping cream. When totally blended add your cheese and adjust seasonings. Keep warm until service.
2. While potatoes are cooking mix sweet tea and pomegranate juice in a 10 inch skillet and reduce to 1/3 cup. When complete, add your chorizo sausage and hold warm until service.
3. While cooking your potatoes and sauce, get your greens ready. Sweat your collards in a little water and season with your granulated garlic and salt in a 10 inch skillet. Adjust seasoning carefully. Cook until greens are slightly wilted and bright green. Hold warm for service.
4. Heat your olive oil in your 10 inch skillet and add your shrimp when your oil is hot. Sauté until done, approximately 3 minutes each side. (Do not crowd your skillet)
Place your whipped potatoes into the center of your serving plate. Top with your greens and place your shrimp on top of the greens. Drizzle with your sweet tea sauce. Garnish with shredded Pecorino cheese. Serve Immediately. This recipe, as written, will serve six. All items here are easily adaptable to single service and can be cooked ala minute, except for your whipped potatoes and sauce. This total recipe can be prepped and prepared in approximately 1 hour. It is a quick and easy recipe to prepare and requires limited cooking utencils.