At a Glance
- Potato Type: Fingerling
- Prep Method: Roasted
- Yield: 24
Recipe By: The Putney Inn, Chef Chris Babbin
- 6 pounds fingerling potatoes
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup finely chopped rosemary
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 24 garlic cloves, skin on
Preheat the oven to 375˚F.
Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise and toss well with the remaining ingredients, except the garlic cloves.
Divide between sheet pans, keeping the potatoes in an even layer. Pour any residual vanilla mixture over the potatoes, add the garlic cloves, and toss again.
Roast, shaking the pans once halfway through, until the potatoes are golden brown and tender, about 1 hour. Optional: skins from garlic cloves can be removed after roasting.
Serving Suggestions: Serve with a salmon fillet drizzled with beurre blanc and a side of seasonal vegetables.